Michael D. Danti, Amr al-Azm, Allison Cuneo, Susan Penacho, Bijan Rohani, Marina Gabriel, Kyra Kaercher, and Jamie O’Connell
Key points from this report:
- An intentional fire caused extensive damage to Imam Hassan Shrine in the district of Laylan, southeast of the city of Kirkuk, Kirkuk Governorate (ASOR CHI Incident Report IHI 16-0003).
- Suspected Russian airstrikes damaged Al Nour Mosque in the town of Al Boleel, Deir ez-Zor Governorate (ASOR CHI Incident Report SHI 16-0012).
- DGAM reported structural damage to the Daraa National Museum caused by mortar shells fired by armed groups (ASOR CHI Incident Report SHI 16-0013).
- Regime and Russian airstrikes cause damage to Hinni Mosque in the Old City of Raqqa, Raqqa Governorate (ASOR CHI Incident Report SHI 16-0014).
- Russian airstrikes damaged Abu Bakr Al Sedeiq Mosque in the city of Al Bab, Aleppo Governorate (ASOR CHI Incident Report SHI 16-0015).
- Regime airstrikes caused damage to five columns in the archaeological site of Palmyra, Homs Governorate (ASOR CHI Incident Report SHI 16-0016).
- ISIL carried out three bombings near the Sayyida Zeinab Shrine, Damascus Governorate, causing no reported damage (ASOR CHI Incident Report SHI 16-0017).
- The Day After Heritage Protection Initiative produced two reports on the Al-Ma’aara Museum and the Citadel in the city of Ma’arat al-Numan, Idlib Governorate (Appended TDA Reports).
* This report is based on research conducted by the “Syria Preservation Initiative: Planning for Safeguarding Heritage Sites in Syria." Weekly reports reflect reporting from a variety of sources and may contain unverified material. As such, they should be treated as preliminary and subject to change.
Join the conversation on Facebook & Twitter: