Michael D. Danti, Allison Cuneo, Marina Gabriel, Susan Penacho, Kyra Kaercher, LeeAnn Barnes Gordon, Emily Ham, and John O’Neill
Key points from this report:
- The DGAM reports illicit excavation at multiple sites in southern Quneitra Governorate of Syria.
- DigitalGlobe satellite imagery shows new constructions built near the site of Heraqla in Syria.
- The DGAM reports looting and damage at multiple sites in Hama Governorate of Syria.
- ISIL executes three captives tied to the Colonnaded Street in ancient Palmyra, Syria.
* This report is based on research conducted by the “Syria Preservation Initiative: Planning for Safeguarding Heritage Sites in Syria." Weekly reports reflect reporting from a variety of sources and may contain unverified material. As such, they should be treated as preliminary and subject to change.
Join the conversation on Facebook & Twitter: