Michael D. Danti, Allison Cuneo, Susan Penacho, Marina Gabriel, Kyra Kaercher, Katherine Burge, LeeAnn Barnes Gordon, Emily Ham, and John O’Neill
Key points from this report:
- A barrel bomb was detonated at the citadel of Bosra (ASOR CHI Incident Report SHI 15-0133).
- Airstrikes against ISIL military targets in the Tadmor area damaged the Citadel of Palmyra (ASOR CHI Incident Report SHI 15-0134).
- Satellite imagery shows ongoing looting at the site of Tell Bi’aa (ASOR CHI Incident Report SHI 15-0131), damage around the city of Raqqa (ASOR CHI Incident Report SHI 15-0132), and development within the walls of Nineveh in Mosul (ASOR CHI Incident Report IHI 15-0095).
- The Ayyubid Citadel at the Anicet City of Bosra was damaged by a barrel bomb (ASOR CHI Incident Report SHI 15-0133).
- SARG airstrikes may have damaged the Citadel of Palmyra (ASOR CHI Incident Report SHI 15-0134).
* This report is based on research conducted by the “Syria Preservation Initiative: Planning for Safeguarding Heritage Sites in Syria." Weekly reports reflect reporting from a variety of sources and may contain unverified material. As such, they should be treated as preliminary and subject to change.
Join the conversation on Facebook & Twitter: