Michael D. Danti, Cheikhmous Ali, Allison Cuneo, Kyra Kaercher, Katherine Burge, LeeAnn Barnes Gordon, and Erin Van Gessel
Key points from this report:
- ISIL executes Syrian archaeologist Khalid al‐Assad, former Director of Palmyra Antiquities.
- Syrian DGAM Deputy Director Qassem Abdullah Yahya killed in a rocket attack on the Damascus Citadel.
- Airstrike caused substantial damage to the Khan Assad Pasha in Maarat al‐Nu’man.
- Daraa National Museum in southern Syria continues to suffer combat damage.
- Airstrike damage to the Tadmor Museum was reported.
- ISIL’s "Bureau of Propaganda for the District of Fallujah" posted 19 photos showing the destruction of multiple Sufi shrines and graves in the Fallujah, Iraq area.
* This report is based on research conducted by the “Syria Preservation Initiative: Planning for Safeguarding Heritage Sites in Syria." Weekly reports reflect reporting from a variety of sources and may contain unverified material. As such, they should be treated as preliminary and subject to change.
Join the conversation on Facebook & Twitter: